Calendar of Events
2021 Construction Career Days
Skilled labor in construction is a commodity in short supply, and the York Builders Association (YBA) is looking to change that by adopting a Construction Career Day event slated for April that generates awareness among high school students for the many opportunities available to them locally in the construction industry.
Member companies interested in being a host company may complete and submit a registration form for consideration. The YBA will match interested companies with participating area high schools. The host companies will be asked to cover the school's travel (bus) expenses through the $350 host fee. Host companies will also provide lunch and beverages to the students and adults in attendance (YBA, school, and sponsor).
Our Objectives for Construction Career Days:
- Provide high school students with the resources they need to learn more about local careers that are in high demand.
- Introduce high school students to local organizations in the trades that are interested in hiring high school graduates.
- Provide proper connections and make sure students know how to reach out to companies when seeking employment.
- Give students a chance to learn about the range of jobs opportunities available through their host company.
- Share information about the many benefits of a career in the trades.