Hours: 3rd Shift
The Lead Packer prints labels and maintains an ongoing supply of packaging to the production line; verifies that finished product packaging specifications are met; provides documentation of finished product counts; and assists in monitoring the HACCP function.
- • Prints labels according to production requirements and date, reviews labels for accuracy against product specification sheet, and reports discrepancies to supervisor.
- • Sets up and verifies operation of wrapping machines, carton printer, and taping units according to production requirements and notifies supervisor of any damaged or faulty equipment.
- • Verifies product codes and production dates.
- • Sets up the metal detector and verifies operation by following a pre-determined testing procedure at fixed intervals and follows procedures for rejected product.
- • Reviews line requirements for packaging and supplies the necessary materials to the packers, labels cartons as required, and reports shortages or defective packaging to supervisor.
- • Monitors label inventory and keeps storage areas neat and organized.
- • Keeps a record of times, product type and quantities produced and inspects and tags pallets with appropriate date and information before sending to shipping.
- • Follows Good Manufacturing Practices by adhering to company policy and keeping work areas and equipment orderly and clean on an ongoing basis.
- • Responsibility to work and act safely in accordance with all policies.
- • Responsibility to report safety hazards to people or product and comply with all Good Manufacturing Practices.
- • Ensure products meet the requirements of the SQF Food Safety Code by reporting to a leader, supervisor, or manager any instances or conditions that would negatively affect the products quality, food safety, or regulatory requirements.
- • Back up for this position is other Lead Packer, Line Operator and Production Lead
- • Perform other job-related duties as assigned
• High School diploma or equivalent o Basic computer skills and he ability to use a scanning gun and enter data into the system
o Must be able to read and write in English
o Capable of doing simple mathematical calculations
Ways to Apply:
- CALL TODAY FOR A PHONE INTERVIEW 717-718-HIRE (4473)
- Apply online at: www.expresspros.com/yorkpa
- Resumes may be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Stop by our York office: 2210 E. Market St. York, Pa 17402
Express can help you find the type of job that is a perfect fit for your needs and abilities, and you’ll never pay a fee for our services and support. Whether you’re looking for a full-time position, part-time work, or a more flexible schedule, Express can place you in a wide range of jobs that meet your employment goals including Administrative, Commercial, and Professional positions.
ASSOCIATE PROGRAMS AND BENEFITS Check with your local Express office about the availability of the following programs (not all programs are available in all locations):
- Holiday Pay (available only at certain locations)
- Health Insurance that meets Affordable Care Act standards
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Direct Deposit
- Referral Bonuses
- Vacation Pay (available only at certain locations)
For a complete listing of all open positions, visit. https://www.expresspros.com/yorkpa/